Frantic Me!

Public Launch, Rules Updates, and Dynmap Borders!

hiimcody1

• Administrator
    • View Profile
This weekend we will begin advertising the server on public listing sites. We likely will be setting up server voting but presently we do not have any specific rewards planned for doing as such.

With the public launch will come some changes to the rules. The main changes are streamlining some of the rules, re-wording some things to better fit how we've modified things, and a couple of clarifications on policy. If you haven't read the rules lately, now is a great time to check those out here: https://franticme.com/index.php?page=smprules

We are actively working to add borders to the dynmap to define player-named continents, structures, and oceans, as well as borders for server-promoted towns. We will be working with Mayors to get POIs inside of their towns added as icons to the map as well.

The public launch will likely bring several new players to the server, many of which will be griefers. I will be working with the Head Mods and Mods to ensure that we have coverage available to help deal with griefers and help new players get acquainted with the server.

There are chances that we will receive some DDoS attacks as well. To help deal with that, we will be working with our hosting provider to see if we can setup some alternative connection points.

I plan to activate the server listings on Friday around 6PM EST.
I hope everyone has a great weekend!

hiimcody1

• Administrator
    • View Profile
We are going to be delaying the launch a few days for now until we can get a bit more moderator coverage.